We don’t have snow in the Palm Beach, FL area this month, but we sure do have holiday cheer! With trees set up, lights ablaze, Christmas caroling, Santa Claus photos and gift wrapping, there is no question that the holiday season has arrived here in the Palm Beach area.
To help you make the most of the month, as your Palm Beach real estate agent, I’ve put together a list of the top events taking place this month. Whether you’re in the holiday spirit or not, you are sure to find an event or activity on this last that interests you!
1. If you missed the Palm Beach Holiday Boat Parade on Dec. 6, head to Boynton Beach for their Holiday Boat Parade on Dec. 12! At Boynton Beach Inlet, you can enjoy live music, kids’ activities, local business shopping and more. Settle down in Delray Beach, anywhere from Atlantic Avenue to downtown, for the viewing of the Holiday Boat Parade. Brightly decorated boats will line up and head south along the Intracoastal Waterway to C-15 canal in Delray Beach. It’s a sight not to miss!
2. Need a break from holiday stress? Participate in the Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival, taking place from Dec. 11 to Dec. 14! A multitude of activities take place at the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach and all around the Palm Beach area during these days, with chef discussions, five-course dinners with wine pairings, cocktails and karaoke evenings, and so much more. We’ve got so many amazing chefs here in the area, take advantage!
3. Celebrate the holidays with the sea turtles on Dec. 20! Head to Loggerhead Marinelife Center in Juno Beach for a Sea Turtle Holiday Celebration. It’s a free event that features family-friendly activities, including games, craft and presentations. A tropical Santa will come by to take photos with the kids, along with Fletch, the turtle mascot! While you’re there, why not adopt a turtle and make a difference this holiday season? This runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Wish you and your family could play in the snow for just one day? You can on Dec. 20 at Sugar Sand Park in Boca Raton for Piles of Smiles! Kids can play in man-made snow, ride on the Polar Ice Slide, ride bumper cars, partake in winter sport activities and make crafts. The whole family can enjoy the DJ music and enjoy an outdoor meal from one of the local food vendors. This takes place from 10 a.m .to 4 p.m.
5. Take a load off your feet on Sunday at the Waterfront on Dec. 21! This free family-friendly concert series takes place on the third Sunday of every month at the Meyer Amphitheatre along Flagler Drive on the Waterfront Commons in West Palm Beach. It features national and regional recording artists and is a wonderful free event for families to partake in. This month, it’ll be an Ahola Islanders Tropical Holiday Spectacular!